Saturday, September 09, 2006

Motif 5


This is the last motif I will make with the same center configuration. I promise!

The motif is about 4" across. The thread is unsized, but it works up about the same as 40 Cordonnet Special. It's also a bit fuzzy, contains some slubs and some thick and thin spots, and is not a joy to work with. I don't remember where I picked it up or what brand it is, but it's only good for doodling. I just hate using good thread for experiments that may come out badly.

And that's one of the reasons all the motifs you will see on this blog are in white. I have a pretty good stash of thread in various colors but I am loathe to use them for designing. Colored threads are hard to find in my neck of the woods except for Cebelia. I know a lot of tatters love using Cebelia, but I don't care for it because it feels mushy to me.

1 Comments:

At 5:42 p.m., Blogger Arlene said...

oooooh lovely!! I love snowflakes. Nicely done, thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home