Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Motif 4


This motif is more what I had in mind when I was working on the last motif - only I couldn't get it to come out quite right so I fluffed and did something else altogether.

I had intended to mirror the interior motifs on the exterior of the piece. So I let it set in my mind for a while. Sunday while I was washing walls (what a wonderful way to spend the Sunday of a long weekend! Not!!!) the pattern came to me, and here is the result.

We could also play a game of "two of these things are not like the others" because two of the outer "arms" have slight unintentional design modifications (i.e., mistakes). Maybe they all do. I just know for sure that two of them have.

Again, not washed and blocked, worked in size 40 and about six inches across.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 p.m., Blogger Iris Niebach said...

I like this star very much,
Iris Niebach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home